Trusted Clinic for Partial Dentures in Winnipeg
If you’re missing some teeth, partial dentures might be a good alternative for you. At Robert P. Kelly Denture Clinic Inc., we offer partial dentures in Winnipeg to help you regain your beautiful smile and confidence.
We understand our patient’s needs well and offer both metal-based dentures and acrylic ones. Our goal is to create beautiful smiles with care, and we aim to establish warm, friendly, and positive relationships with our patients upon their visit. If you want to replace your missing teeth with new, natural-looking dentures, feel free to call us. We will be happy to help you!
What Are Partial Dentures?
A partial denture is a removable natural-looking dental appliance used to replace one or more missing teeth to enhance chewing and speaking ability. These are held by metal frameworks and clasps connected to the teeth with precision attachments or attached to the natural teeth with wire clasps.
There are two types of partial denture options available:
- Metal framework partial dentures
Metal partial dentures are made of an alloy of cobalt and chromium. They are much stronger and lighter than other materials despite having a base as metal. They have clasps that can attach to natural teeth, keeping them in place and ensuring security within the mouth. It is slightly more expensive as compared to acrylic ones.
- Acrylic removable partial dentures
Some partial dentures are made entirely from an acrylic material that can be attached to any of the natural teeth using wire clasps. Though cost-effective alternatives, they should be designed carefully to avoid any damage to the teeth they fit against. When you’re expected to have additional prosthetic treatments, such as implants, they also serve as transitional dentures.
If you wonder which type of partial dentures will be best for you, we at Robert P. Kelly Denture Clinic Inc. will be glad to answer all your questions and give you clarity. Reach out to us today!
Who Is the Right Candidate for Partial Dentures?
You may benefit from partial dentures if you are one of the following:
- Someone missing multiple teeth but not entire rows.
- Someone with chipped, broken, or damaged teeth.
If you require partial dentures in Winnipeg, visit our clinic today. We will be happy to bring your beautiful and healthy smile back.
Know About Partial Denture Procedure
Getting a partial denture for missing teeth is simple and doesn't require a complex procedure. With your teeth already removed, you won't feel any pain or complications. You can get a healthy smile in just a few simple steps:
- Taking accurate measurements: The denturist will start with taking impressions of your teeth and measuring your jaw to see how it fits together. For a well-designed removable partial denture, the entire arch of all teeth impressions is taken, not just the missing ones. The denturist assesses any problems within the arch to take a correct impression of the surface bite. Once the correct measurements have been taken, the denturist can start building your partial denture.
- Trying test denture: Before you get a custom-fit denture, you will get a temporary or test denture to try on first. The denturist checks whether the dentures are well fit or if adjustments are required.
- Getting the dentures: Once your denture is ready, you can use it immediately. Talk to your denturist if you have any questions or concerns.
- Going for readjustments: Your mouth shape will change as you get older. You may require some adjustments to your dentures in order to make them fit you more comfortably. Visit your denturist a few times over the years to get those adjustments done.
For professional denture services, reach out to us today!
Maintaining Your Dentures
Dentures need proper cleaning and maintenance, similar to your natural teeth. Let us look at some simple steps for maintaining your partial dentures.
- Brush and soak your dentures every day in a clean bowl of water to remove food particles.
- Use a non-abrasive denture cleaner to scrub the dentures gently.
- Make sure to brush all the surfaces of dentures, including the surface against your gums.
- Don’t leave your dentures in water overnight unless advised by your denturist.
- If you notice any kind of build-up, consult your dental team for removal.
- Visit your denturist for relining and repair if needed.
If you need help taking care of your partial dentures in Winnipeg, we are just a phone call away. We also offer mouthguards and teeth whitening solutions to provide you with comprehensive services under one roof. Simply schedule an appointment, and we will be ready to assist you.